MIS Cares is a donor advised fund of the NASCAR Foundation, a 501 © (3) non-profit entity. MIS Cares’ mission is to create a lasting, positive impact on our community through charitable giving and volunteer efforts that cultivate community growth and advances quality of life. NASCAR fans are given the chance to donate while at the same time engaging in a unique and exciting experience during race weekend.
Interested in being part of The NASCAR Foundation Volunteer Network? Click here for more information.
Thank you for your interest in a donation from Michigan International Speedway. We receive thousands of requests each year from charitable organizations for donations and unfortunately we are not able to accommodate every request.
To have your request considered, your charitable organization must submit the form at the following link.
MIS Cares Advisory Committee
The MIS Cares Advisory Committee will seek to raise funds and increase volunteerism to support local non-profit charities and charitable causes as a donor advised fund of The NASCAR Foundation. The committee will participate in numerous events throughout the year as well as explore new fund-raising opportunities.
MIS Cares Advisory Committee:
- B.J. Andonian
- Jayme Bicknell
- Marla Curtis
- Cindy Croll
- Dan DuBois
- Sarah Ermatinger
- Bruce Goldsen
- Bonnie Kennedy
- Michelle Meiring
- Damon Seacott
- Linda Wyne
Extreme Bus Makeover
The fastest track in NASCAR has a winner for the Extreme Bus Makeover
Ken Schneider placed the winning bid of $2,025 in the online auction. Schneider's recently purchased bus will be professionally designed, painted and decaled by the staff at MIS. He will have the option of choosing one of two designs created by the MIS Sign Shop.
This marks the fifth year of the Extreme Bus Makeover at MIS. The idea started as a quick decision to do something unique and different for one lucky fan and has blossomed into an annual charitable tradition that will be remembered by winners forever.
Proceeds for the Extreme Bus Makeover will benefit MIS Cares, Michigan International Speedway’s official charity, and the NASCAR Foundation.
Scheduled 2015 Events
|Thurs., Apr. 23||Track Tour|
|Fri., April 24||Ford Drive 4UR Community|
|Thurs., May 21||Track Tour|
|Tues., Jun. 30||Track Laps|
|Mon., Jul. 6||Track Laps|
|Tues., Jul. 14||Track Laps|
|Thurs., Sept. 17||Track Tour|
|Fri., Sept. 18||Golf Scramble|
|Sat., Oct. 10||Wheelin & Dealin|
|Thurs., Oct. 15||Track Tour|
|Sat., Dec. 5||Charity Track & Toy Drive|
MIS Cares Beneficiaries
2014 MIS Cares Grant Recipients:
- Adrian College – Track & Explore
- Therapeutic Riding, Inc.
- YMCA Storer Camp
- AWARE Inc.
- The Family Counseling and Children's Services
- Jackson County Intermediate School District
- Catholic Charities of Jackson, Lenawee and Hillsdale Counties
- Lenawee Community Foundation
- The Communities in Schools of Lenawee and the Voices for Change Youth Empowerment.
- Jackson Country District Library
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Family Service and Children's Aid
- St. Louis Center
- The Michigan Center Food Pantry
- The Daily Bread of Lenawee Inc.
- Associated Charities of Lenawee County
- Habitat for Humanity of Lenawee County
- The St. Mary's of Good Counsel Church
- River Rasin Watershed Council
- St. Mary on the Lake Church
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Jackson County
- Lenawee County Critical Incident Stress Management
- Hilltop Chapel and Concord Community Schools
- The Michigan Theatre of Jackson
- Napoleon Community Schools
MIS Cares works with the NASCAR Foundation to help raise money for NASCAR-related charities, including our own, through various fund-raising events and auctions. Check back for the latest NASCAR Foundation and MIS auctions.
MIS Cares Contacts
Call 517-592-6666 Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
or email a member of our staff at