- Event Schedule
- MIS Cares Overview
- MIS Cares Beneficiaries
MIS Cares Event Schedule
|June 5-7, 2020||50/50 Raffle|
|August 7-9, 2020||50/50 Raffle|
|August 8, 2020||MIS Charity Dinner presented by Consumers Energy|
|December 5, 2020||12th Annual Charity Track and Toy Drive|
MIS Cares Overview
As a donor advised fund of The NASCAR Foundation, the mission of MIS Cares is to assist and inspire youth within our community.
MIS Cares Advisory Committee:
- Karlie Newman, Michigan International Speedway
- Dan DuBois, Michigan International Speedway
- Cindy Croll, Competition Tire West
- Donovan Cronkhite, RjM
- Megan Evans, Corrigan Oil
- Marty Nine, Iott Insurance
- Megan Porter-Stevenson, Cambrian Senior Living
For more information about The NASCAR Foundation click here.
MIS Cares Beneficiaries
MIS Cares Beneficiaries
- Adrian College Track and Explore Program
- Imagine Planet
- The Bottomless Toy Chest
- Concord Food for Thought
- Mid-Michigan Children's Museum
- Square One Education Network
- Manitou Beach Historic Renovation Society
- Columbia School District Robotics Program
- Speediatrics Fun Day Festival
- YMCA of Greater Toledo
As part of an ongoing initiative to promote learning among students at all educational levels, MIS Cares is awarding $1,000 scholarships to deserving students in the community.
To be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
- Graduating senior attending school in Jackson, Lenawee, Hillsdale or Washtenaw County
- Going into a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Mathematics) related field
- Attending a college, university or trade school in the State of Michigan
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript
- Submit a fully executed Form of Authorization to use Likeness, Voice and/or Written Correspondence. (Attached)
Applications are due Friday, February 28, 2020 at 5 p.m.
The 2019 MIS Cares Grant Application period has ended. Check back soon for the 2020 application!
Michigan International Speedway and MIS Cares are offering a FundRacing program that allows organizations like schools, teams and other extracurricular groups in our community and surrounding areas to raise funds. This program allows organizations to sell a discounted ticket at a special price, with a portion of that price going back to the school or organization.
Charity Track and Toy Drive
The 12th Annual MIS Cares Charity Track and Toy Drive returns to Michigan International Speedway on December 5, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All guests are welcome to spread some holiday cheer to local charities and take a lap around the two-mile oval. Donate a non-perishable food item or a new, unwrapped toy and take a lap around the track in your own vehicle. The event helps the Brooklyn Food Bank, St. Mary's of Good Counsel Food Pantry, Toys for Tots and MIS Cares. Photos with Santa will be available for purchase! Refreshments provided by Americrown and MIS Cares.
Track drive participants should enter the speedway through the tunnel gate off of Brooklyn Highway and follow the signs to the Infield entry point. Guests will be directed to follow the signs to enter the racetrack, where they will take 5 laps at highway speeds around the two-mile oval.
The track laps are limited to passenger vehicles only, no motorcycles. No passing of other vehicles will be allowed at any time. The driver of the vehicle must be 21 years of age, provide a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. All participants will need to sign a waiver before driving on the track. Seatbelts and headlights must be on at all times.
MIS CARES 50/50 RAFFLE
All proceeds from the 50/50 drawing during event weekends benefit MIS Cares.
Raffle Number: R53095
August 11, 2019 | The winning ticket is #19536819175
Thank you for your interest in a donation from Michigan International Speedway. We receive thousands of requests each year from charitable organizations for donations and unfortunately we are not able to accommodate every request. To have your request considered, your charitable organization must use the form below; requests made from phone calls, emails or letters will not be considered. If any part of this form is not completed, your organization's request will not be considered.
You may fill out the form below if your organization meets the following criteria:
- Your event is at least eight weeks away
- You are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- If you are representing a school district, you must be located in Jackson, Lenawee, Hillsdale or Washtenaw County to be considered OR you are a nonprofit organization (non-school) within 150 miles of Michigan International Speedway