Traffic routes for exiting the 3M Performance 400 will help reduce homebound commutes
After making huge strides to improve traffic following the June 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series LifeLock 400 race at MIS, the Irish Hills track is continuing with the improvements to the current outbound pattern, which will continue to help fans exit the facility in a timely manner following the 3M Performance 400 presented by Bondo on August 17.
The following changes were made in June to the already existing outbound traffic pattern and will continue to be used following the 3M Performance 400 presented by Bondo on August 17.
1. M-50 south from US-12 will be one-way to Onsted Highway.
2. Traffic at Vicary Road and US-127 will only be allowed to go North on US-127. (No left turn).
3. A 12’ paved shoulder on US-127 north from Vicary Road to M-50 has been finished and will be used for post-race traffic on June 15.
“Although there are just a few improvements to the current pattern, they are very important ones when it comes to getting fans home in a timely manner following the 3M Performance 400 presented by Bondo,” MIS President Roger Curtis said. “We had great success in June with our improved outbound traffic patterns and are looking to capitalize on that for our final NASCAR weekend in 2008.”
To order tickets, pit passes, camping or hospitality packages for the 3M Performance 400 presented by Bondo and Nationwide Series CARFAX 250, call the MIS Ticket Hotline at 800-354-1010 or visit MISpeedway.com.
Additionally, the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) will suspend work and reopen lanes on several major state highways, including US-127 north of Jackson, and US-12 east of Jonesville on raceday August 17.
Overall, work on state roads in counties surrounding MIS, which is located in Brooklyn in Jackson County, will be suspended starting Thursday, Aug. 14, at 7 a.m., until Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 7 a.m.
To assist motorists and race fans, MDOT is posting MIS race day travel information on the Web, including maps and information about statewide construction projects, changes to the outbound traffic pattern, and links to the Web sites of WRIF (101.1 FM, the official sponsor of MIS), and MIS. Motorists can find information online at:
- Statement from ISC CEO Lesa France Kennedy on the Passing of Betty Jane France:
- Two first-time winners celebrate in Gatorade Victory Lane at MIS
- Kyle Larson records his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win
- Last-lap pass leads to first win for Brett Moffitt
- Logano captures the pole for the Pure Michigan 400