First Laps On New Pavement at MIS Set for April 3-4
MIS welcomes all fans to watch Goodyear test
Now is your chance to see NASCAR Sprint Cup race cars make the first laps on the repaved surface at Michigan International Speedway during a two-day Goodyear tire test.
The track will open the Turn 1 Grandstand from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 3-4 for fans to watch the test free of charge.
“This is a great event for our fans to see first-hand the improvements we made with the repave after the 2011 season,” MIS President Roger Curtis said. “We are excited to welcome these five race teams to MIS for two days of testing with Goodyear. It will be a unique opportunity for our fans to see the teams prepare for the upcoming season.”
Fans will have the chance to watch Rochester Hills, Mich., native Brad Keselowski on the track. He is the 2010 Nationwide Series Champion for Roger Penske and recently won at Bristol Motor Speedway, alongside this year’s Daytona 500 winner and 2003 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Matt Kenseth.
Four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya from Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates are also scheduled to participate in the test.
Testing times, track schedule and drivers are subject to change due to weather or other circumstances.Fans are asked to park in Lot 10 off US 12 and enter the grandstands through Gate 17, just behind the water tower. The restroom facilities will be open, but the concession stands will be closed.
- Jason Lucas named Director of Marketing and Communications
- Get free food with the purchase of two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series tickets
- Stage lengths announced for all three NASCAR series at MIS
- International Speedway Corporation Announces New Multiyear, Multi-Track Digital Media Partnership with Ingenuity Sun Media
- Watch the DAYTONA 500 at Dacey’s Taphouse on Feb. 26