Relax and stay a while!
Enjoy the state’s best wine and beer without having to worry about finding a designated driver.
Jackson Public Schools will provide a free shuttle service for guests staying at Jackson County hotels to catch a ride to and from the Great Lakes Wine and Beer Fest presented by the Jackson County CVB on May 19. The list of participating hotels is as follows:
- America’s Best Value (Motel 6), I-94, Exit 138, 830 Royal Drive, Jackson
- Avalon Hotel, 2000 Bondsteel Dr., Jackson
- Baymont Inn, I-94, Exit 138, 2035 Service Drive
- Comfort Inn & Suites, I-94, Exit 138, 2435 Shirley Drive, Jackson
- Country Inn & Suites, I-94, Exit 137, 3506 O'Neil Drive, Jackson
- Fairfield Inn, I-94, Exit 138, 2395 Shirley Drive, Jackson
- Hampton Inn, I-94, Exit 138, 2225 Shirley Drive, Jackson
- Hankerd Inn Bed & Breakfast, 10350 Hankerd Road, Pleasant Lake
- Holiday Inn, I-94 Exit 137, East of Meijer, 2696 Bob McClain Drive, Jackson
- Joy Motel, I-94, Exit 145, 7657 Ann Arbor Rd, Jackson
- Super 8 (Brooklyn), M-50 South, 155 Wamplers Lake Road, Brooklyn
- Super 8 (Jackson), I-94 Exit 138, 2001 Shirley Drive Jackson
- Travelodge, 901 Rosehill Drive, Jackson
The shuttle is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m., running a continuous loop until 10 p.m. to and from the wine festival at Michigan International Speedway.
Those planning on using the free shuttle service should expect approximately one drop-off/pick-up at each destination per hour.
“We are encouraging guests who are attending the Great Lakes Wine and Beer Fest presented by the Jackson County CVB to stay in one of these area hotels that are offering very affordable rates,” Jackson County CVB Executive Director Mindy Bradish-Orta said. “It’s an easy way to attend the event and not have to worry about getting a ride back to your hotel that evening.
“And best of all, it’s free!”
The Great Lakes Wine and Beer Fest presented by the Jackson County CVB’s focus is Michigan-based wineries, Michigan-based breweries, Michigan food and Michigan vendors.
Guests may sample wines, beer and food from Michigan vendors, and buy favorite wines and beer by the bottle or case. The festival’s on-site retail store will have select wines and beer available for purchase at the event.
Food and wine pairings and seminars also return for $10 a piece. Advance tickets are encouraged for wine pairings.
Advance tickets for the Great Lakes Wine and Beer Fest presented by the Jackson County CVB are $25. Each ticket includes $10 worth of tasting tokens. A tasting token is a two-ounce pour of wine or beer. Walk-up tickets will be $35.
This event is for guests 21 and older.
Stay on site! Weekend camping is also available for $35 without electricity and $50 electricity in the track’s MISCamping.com Graves Farm Campground. Need an RV? A hassle-free camping option is available for the wine and brew fest at www.MIScamping.com.
Or stay nearby! Contact the Jackson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at www.VisitJacksonMI.com or 1-800-245-5282 for a listing of convenient hotels, all with free shuttle service to and from the wine fest courtesy of Jackson Public Schools.
Tickets and details are available at www.GreatLakesWineFest.com or by calling 800-354-1010. Also, please visit our Twitter feed @GLWineFest for information about the wine festival.
- MIS Cares to select 10 high school seniors to receive scholarships
- Speedway donates nearly $916,567 in cash and contributions in 2015
- Donate during the annual Track and Toy Drive on Dec. 5
- MIS will continue to bring NASCAR to Michigan for at least next five years
- Future stars test NASCAR’s 2016 rules package at MIS