MIS and NASCAR deliver trees to Dexter
Michigan International Speedway and NASCAR teamed together for the NASCAR Green Flag Tree Planting Project in 2012. The program not only helps offset the emissions released during an event weekend, but also provides trees to an area of need. As a result of the nine green flags during the Quicken Loans 400 in June, NASCAR purchased 90 trees from R&W Nursery in Morenci, Mich. Beaubien Companies, Inc. in Adrian, Mich. delivered 47 trees to Dexter, Mich. this week as the village continues its efforts to rebuild after a tornado swept through the area on March 15 of this year.
The trees will be planted in the Huron Farms Subdivision as well as on Huron, Central and Cushing Court. In addition, Dexter is planting trees in its newly developed Mill Creek Park for the community to enjoy. Paul Cousins, Dexter village council member, and Courtney Nicholls, assistant village manager, stand in front of one of the trees the village received. MIS also planted 43 trees in the MIScamping.com Graves Farm and the Brookfest Acres campgrounds.
- Drivers excited about aerodynamic package for FireKeepers Casino 400
- NASCAR changes aerodynamic package for FireKeepers Casino 400
- Former Detroit cab driver to be inducted in NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Michigan International Speedway launches #MISfan Rewards
- MIScamping.com Infield Welcomes Fans in 2017 with New Restrooms and Improved Drainage System