American Flags placed at Unity Field to honor victims of 9-11
Unity Fields features more than 3,000 American Flags proudly displayed to the honor the victims of 9-11. In Lot 10 at Michigan International Speedway, the flags were placed by members of the Columbia Central High School National Honor Society. In addition, members from the Brooklyn America Legion, the Cambridge Township Fire Department, Gleaner Arbor in Adrian, Mich. and MIS staff assisted.
The Sprit of America Blood Drive at the racetrack began as a tribute in 2002 in honor of the victims and heroes of 9-11. Since its inception in 2002, the Spirit of America blood drive has collected more than 8,876 pints of blood, positively affecting more than 26,688 lives.
MIS is partnering with Michigan Blood, a nonprofit, community service organization founded in 1955, to host the blood drive and Be the Match® Registry drive.
To participate in the commemorative tribute and behind the scenes MIS experience, donors must have an appointment. Appointments are limited to 600 guests between 7 am – 3 pm and can be made online through: https://donate.miblood.org/portal/Schedule/TimeSelect.aspx or the Spirit of America website, www.SpiritOfAmericaBloodDrive.com. Appointments are also available by calling 1-866-miblood (642-5663). New donors are welcome. Donors may bring one non-donating person with them.
- NASCAR XFINITY Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series To Incorporate Updates In 2015
- Pure Michigan 400 partnership gets the green flag
- EPA recognizes MIS for leading green power use
- Still time to take part in Wheelin & Dealin for MIS Cares on October 11
- Fans Help Select Design of Kasey Kahne’s Farmers Insurance 2015 Chevrolet SS Paint Scheme
Sprint Cup News
No News from MRN