MIS and Eldora Speedway co-recipients of the Mission AwardShare
As NASCAR’s 2014 racing season prepares to ramp up with Preseason Thunder at Daytona testing, it can’t move forward without the hard work and dedication of hundreds of professionals in the vital areas of track services, safety and security. And that goes for every event on this season’s NASCAR calendar.
Earlier this week at the annual preseason NASCAR Summit at the Concord (N.C.) Convention Center, awards were presented to several individuals who excelled during the 2013 season in their various fields. The Summit is an avenue for representatives from all tracks that host NASCAR and IMSA races to address topics relating to their respective disciplines. Over 700 participants attended this year’s event.
Eldora Speedway and Michigan International Speedway honored by NASCAR at the annual Operations Summit in Charlotte, N.C., with the "Mission Award" for teamwork for last year's successful Mudsummer Classic NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race.
MIS worked with Eldora to share track services and emergency personnel and equipment.
The ceremony was highlighted by the posthumous presentation of the prestigious Jim Bockoven Track Services Lifetime Achievement Award to Ernie Thurston, former Corporate Coordinator of Track Safety and Emergency Services for International Speedway Corporation (ISC). Thurston, who passed away last November, was instrumental in implementing best safety procedures and policies across the company over a 20-year career.
Other 2013 NASCAR Summit award winners included:
- Track Services Innovation Award – Luke Clement, Iowa Speedway
- Track Services Teamwork Award – Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Excellence in Track Services Award – Kevin O’Brien, Pocono Raceway
- NASCAR Security Award for Excellence – Jean Ann Bowman (Kansas Speedway); Cody Chalfant (Mid-Ohio); Jay Fraioli (Homestead-Miami Speedway)
- Nursing Director Award (presented by NASCAR Medical Liaison Department) – Kathy Vance, Daytona International Speedway; Todd Axberg, Sonoma Raceway
- Above and Beyond Award (presented by NASCAR Medical Liaison Department) – Bill Heisel, Ortho Carolina, Charlotte, N.C.
11.16.2018The Acceleration Club at Michigan International Speedway is moving to a location in the middle of all the race-day action.
11.1.2018The holidays are a time for giving and the staff at Michigan International Speedway is getting in the holiday spirit.
10.31.2018Renew your tickets now for two great weekends of racing and entertainment at Michigan International Speedway in 2019.
10.24.2018Nite Lites returns to Michigan International Speedway in 2018 with more than 90 new displays.