MIS Adds More Technology for NASCAR Fans in 2014
As a test for all International Speedway Corporation tracks, Michigan International Speedway was the first NASCAR race track to offer Wi-Fi for its fans in 2013 and now, in 2014, is increasing the number of free Wi-Fi hotspots to further enhance the fan experience at the track. After a successful test of six areas in 2013, there will now be 11 different hot spots throughout the facility designated for fans to connect to a free Wi-Fi.
MIS, will continue to offer free Wi-Fi in the following areas:
- MISCamping.com Turn 2 Retreat
- MISCamping.com APEX Camping
- Budweiser Party Porch
- Champions Club presented by CP Federal Credit Union
- Skylounge Suites
- Pit Patio
New in 2014, there will be free Wi-Fi hotspots in the following areas:
- New Holland Fan Plaza at the speedway’s “Welcome Center”
- Four hotspots in the MISCamping.com Infield.
Click here for the Wi-Fi hotspots map.
“We’re thrilled to continue bringing more technology to our guests with free Wi-Fi,” MIS President Roger Curtis said. “Sharing experiences and being able to stay connected at the track is an important part of the guest experience in any sport, but certainly in NASCAR. Introducing more and new technology for our fans and partners will continue at MIS and all International Speedway Corporation tracks over the next couple of years.”
ISC announced in the fall they would begin introducing fully integrated multi-media race day experiences at all their tracks, including MIS, by 2015. These fan enhancements include Wi-Fi hotspots, 4G connectivity, unique, at-track content and large digital high-definition video screens.
“These are incredibly exciting additions for our fans that will make an already amazing live at-track NASCAR experience even better for fans as well as our sponsors.”
Free Wi-Fi will be available to all cell phone carriers, though Sprint is always the preferred cell service at MIS.
Fans can now stay up to date on the latest happenings in NASCAR and set their fantasy line up right from the track. They can use the Discover MIS app, download interactive maps, and even buy tickets – all using the free Wi-Fi.
And since nearly 20 percent of its fan-base comes from Canada, this will fill and essential need for international guests to stay in contact with their families across the border.
- Free Saturday concerts headline two weekends of memories
- $12,000 in scholarships awarded to local high school seniors by MIS Cares
- One fan to win a customized 2017 Ford Mustang GT
- Get free food with the purchase of two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series tickets
- Stage lengths announced for all three NASCAR series at MIS