MIS Cares awards $88,007 in scholarships and grantsShare
MIS Cares presented $1,000 scholarships to 13 students from Lenawee and Jackson Counties to further their education. The track’s charity foundation also presented $75,007 in grants to 16 community organizations.
The scholarships are part of an ongoing initiative to promote learning among students at all educational levels by MIS Cares and Michigan International Speedway. The scholarship was open to any graduating senior in Jackson or Lenawee County who is entering a STEAM-related (science, technology, engineering, art, mathematics) field at a college, university or trade school in the state of Michigan.
Bailey Allison - Hanover-Horton
Kaylee Commet - Michigan Center
Rosemary Gedert - Jackson Prep & Early College
Noah Gilson - Morenci
Taylor Gritzmaker - Columbia Central
Alexis Hannewald - Jackson Christian
Austen O’Reilly - Jackson
Nicole Ostrander - Columbia Central
Katherine Powell - Columbia Central
Carsyn Sleight - Northwest
Christopher Spencer - Lumen Christi
Michael Strong - Jackson
Kamryn Warner - Onsted
“We are privileged to award $13,000 worth in scholarships to so many deserving youth in our area,” track President Rick Brenner said. “These 13 students are an inspiration to the community and we wish success in all their future endeavors. We are proud of how many organizations we can support through MIS Cares.”
Thanks to several local organizations, MIS Cares raised $5,000 of the $13,000 through a scholarship match challenge. Orbitform, CP Federal Credit Union, Community Choice Credit Union, Christoff and Sons, Childrenz Challenge and Iott Insurance each provided $500. In addition OmniSource and Dryden Family Foundation each provided $1,000 towards the MIS Cares Scholarship Program.
Thanks to support from the community, MIS Cares has been able to award $49,000 in scholarships to local high school students in the first four years of the program.
In addition, MIS Cares presented checks to 16 deserving organizations totaling $75,007 to improve the local communities. All of these deserving recipients share the MIS Cares mission to assist and inspire youth in Jackson and Lenawee counties.
- Brooklyn Food Pantry – Forgotten Teens
- Concord Food for Thought – Weekend Backpack Program
- Felician Children’s Center – Active Bodies, Healthy Minds
- Habitat for Humanity of Lenawee County – The Great Pasty Project
- Imagine Planet – Imagine Planet Operating Expenses
- Jackson District Library – Brooklyn Branch – Coding Kids
- Jackson Symphony Orchestra – Music Enrichment for Lily Missions Center
- Jasmynn’s Voice – Helping others find their voice, one iPad at a time
- Junior Achievement of the Michigan Edge, Inc. – JA “Career Success”
- Lenawee Community Foundation – Lenawee Imagination Library
- Onsted Elementary – Wildcat Maker Space
- The Boys and Girls Club of Lenawee – My.Future
- Therapeutic Riding, Inc. – Adopt a Horse
- YMCA of Lenawee County – Maple Pride Afterschool Program
- YMCA Storer Camps – Camp Catch-A-Rainbow
- Adrian College – Track and Explore
MIS Cares is a donor advised fund of the NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity. MIS Cares’ mission is to assist and inspire youth within our community.
MIS and its sister company Americrown combined to donate a total of $907,587 to local service groups and organizations through cash donations, in-kind donations, work programs, grants and sponsorships, as well as tickets and merchandise that clubs raffled to raise money in 2017.
2.4.2020Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and Michigan International Speedway has created a special sweetheart ticket package.
1.31.2020Michigan native Erik Jones and Michigan International Speedway have partnered to create a special ticket package for the hometown driver that includes an opportunity to give back to the community.
11.26.2019Treat the race fan on your holiday list with tickets to Michigan International Speedway this holiday season.
11.20.2019The staff at Michigan International Speedway is getting in the holiday spirit Dec. 7 by giving back to those less fortunate in the area.