NASCAR's Most Entertaining Track
Pre-Race and Fan Plaza Entertainment
Fan Plaza Entertainment:
- The track created a Town Center area in the middle of the fan plaza for guests to sit and enjoy all the entertainment on patio furniture and picnic tables with umbrellas.
- Aerial Acts – Look skyward as performers test the limits of gravity with aerial straps.
- Trampoline Shows – Flippenout's Extreme Trampoline Stunt Shows utilizes top professional athletes from all around the country. Its shows keep the hype up with awesome soundtracks and is action packed from start to finish.
- Ann Arbor Hands on Museum – The track is now an educational opportunity for your children. The museum will have six STEM-related opportunities to provide hands-on experiences.
- ZOOperstars! – A one of a kind, hilarious mascot inflatable entertainment show.
- Bands – Fans can sit back and listen to music of a different band each day.
- Great Lakes Timber Show – The Lumberjack show features chainsaw carving, axe throwing, wood chopping, one and two-man crosscut sawing, modified chain sawing, log rolling and loads of clean family humor.
- Timber Art – Checkout what can be created from a wood log by professional wood carvers.
- Chalk Artists – Two professional artists will decorate the fan plaza pavement.
- Corn hole – Prove that you are the best at playing corn hole.
- Strolling Street Performers – Variety of acts including stilt walkers, contact jugglers, object manipulation and cube spinning.
- Face Painters – Kids can get their faces painted on Sunday
- Magician – Be prepared to be amazed in the pit road suites when the magicians visit.
- Go-Karts – Get the need of the speed through the go-kart course professionally designed in the fan plaza by Jackson Speedway.
- Mad Chad – A professional chainsaw juggler will entertain the crowds.
- Frisbee Dogs – Dogs and their human flying disc throwers will compete in events such as distance catching and somewhat choreographed freestyle catching.
- Human Cannonball - Don't miss David "The Bullet" Smith AGT, the World's Most Accomplished human cannonball, as he flies through the air above the tri-oval. Smith has been featured on America's Got Talent and is a Guinness World Record holder.
- Nonstop rolling performances on the tri-oval prior to the pre-race ceremonies, including Mad Chad, Frisbee Dogs, ZOOperstars! and local high school marching bands to entertain the crowds leading to the race.
- Late Night Party – Nightcap is the place to be late into the night. Guests can be sprayed by paint and foam while listening to the DJ.
- Concerts – There will be musical performances all weekend long throughout the campgrounds.
- Pedal Bar – Fans can grab a drink and their friends to hop on the pedal bar.
- Dueling pianos – Watch as two dynamic piano players entertain the crowd.
- Bingo – All the campers will have the opportunity to lay claim to being the best at MIS.
- Face Painters – Kids can get their faces painted.
- Magician – Be prepared to be in awe as a magician roams the campground.
- Church service – Brooklyn Trails, Brookfest Acres, Graves Farm and the Infield campgrounds will have a non-denominational service on Sunday morning.
August Saturday Post-Race Concert Lineup
Grand Funk Railroad
Originating from Flint, Michigan this top selling American rock group of the 70's is "comin' to your town to help you party it down!" Grand Funk Railroad is excited to be playing at Michigan International Speedway in 2019, marking a 50 year milestone for the band. Known as "The American Band", the high-energy five-piece group has mega-hits including: “We're An American Band,” “I’m Your Captain/Closer To Home,” and “Some Kind Of Wonderful.”
The band's debut album Skid Row, released in January 1989, was an instant success as the record went 5 times platinum on the strength of the Top 10 singles. The band has garnered gold and multi-platinum sales and a No. 1 on the Billboard album chart. Skid Row hits include: “Youth Gone Wild”, “I Remember You”, “18 and Life”, “Monkey Business”, and “Let’s Go.”
Sawyer Brown is an American country music band founded in 1981.The band has released eighteen studio albums and has charted over fifty times on the Hot Country Songs charts, including three No. 1 singles: "Step That Step" (1985), "Some Girls Do" (1992), and "Thank God for You" (1993). The band's sound is largely defined by country pop and rock music influences.