The entertainment at Michigan International Speedway during the FireKeepers Casino 400 race week in June and the Consumers Energy 400 race week in August will provide something for every guest. Fans will want to make plans today to see all the action at NASCAR’s Most Entertaining Track.
The entertainment is not limited to Saturdays and Sundays. It is truly a week-long event for fans looking for the best action at NASCAR’s Most Entertaining track. The campers can talk to the spirits as a medium walks through the campground. They will even be able to play bingo and get a workout in. The fan plaza will feature the ever popular ZOOperstars!, a special trampoline stunt show and even STEM-related educational activities.
“We continue to look for ways to add value for our fans and are excited to add more entertainment this year,” track President Rick Brenner said. “We are excited to provide memorable experiences for our fans who come just for the races or those who camp with us. We strive to make Michigan International Speedway the place to be on race week.”
Fans can check out www.mispeedway.com/entertainmentfor all the entertainment options that are planned for the June and August race weeks at MIS. Guests will want to arrive extra early this season to take advantage of all the options that are available.
After blasting off and flying through the air to entertain the crowd and drivers in 2018, the human cannon ball will make a return to showcase his skills. Guests will want to be in their seat early to see the human cannon ball before the FireKeepers Casino 400. Don’t miss David “The Bullet” Smith AGT, the World’s Most Accomplished human cannonball, as he flies through the air above the tri-oval. Smith has been featured on America’s Got Talent and is a Guinness World Record holder.
In the fan plaza, fans will want to make a scheduled stop to watch an impressive display of athletic prowess in the Flippenout’s Extreme Trampoline Show. The athletes will perform acrobatic single, double and triple flips. The shows keep the hype up with an awesome soundtrack and is action packed from start to finish. Every show ends with their world famous sky high belly drops.
- Movie – Grab your popcorn and enjoy the movie on the big screen. Campers can watch Bumblebeeon Thursday in June and Incredibles 2 on Thursday in August.
- Medium – Make connections to loved ones in spirit delivering messages and guidance full of laughter, love, insight and healing during a special messages from the spirit session.
- Late Night Party – Be sprayed by paint and foam while listening to the DJ until 2 a.m.
- Concerts – There will be musical performances all weekend long throughout the campgrounds.
- Fitness Program – The track is offering yoga, Zumba and pound classes from the Jackson YMCA to those who don’t want to miss a workout.
- Dueling pianos – Watch as two dynamic piano players entertain the crowd.
- Bingo – All the campers will have the opportunity to lay claim to being the best at MIS.
- Face Painters – Kids can get their faces painted.
- Magician – Be prepared to be in awe as a magician roams the campground.
- Church service – Every campground will have a non-denominational service on Sunday morning.
Fan Plaza Entertainment:
- Aerial Acts – Look skyward as performers test the limits of gravity with aerial straps.
- Tampoline Shows – Flippenout’s Extreme Trampoline Shows utilizes top professional athletes from all around the country. Its shows keep the hype up with awesome soundtracks and is action packed from start to finish.
- Ann Arbor Hands on Museum – The track is now an educational opportunity for your children. The museum will have six STEM-related opportunities to provide hands-on experiences.
- ZOOperstars! – A one of a kind, hilarious mascot inflatable entertainment show will take over the fan plaza.
- Bands – Fans can sit back and listen to music of a different band each day.
- Great Lakes Timber Show – The Lumberjack show features chainsaw carving, axe throwing, wood chopping, one and two-man crosscut sawing, modified chainsawing, log rolling and loads of clean family humor.
- Timber Art – Checkout what can be created from a wood log by professional wood carvers.
- Chalk Artists – Two professional artists will decorate the fan plaza pavement.
- Cornhole – Prove that you are the best at playing cornhole.
- Strolling Street Performers – Variety of acts including stilt walkers, contact jugglers, object manipulation and cube spinning.
- Face Painters – Kids can get their faces painted.
- Magician – Be prepared to be amazed in the pit road suites when the magicians visit.
You can even have your band in the campgrounds. The speedway is looking for bands to play both race weekends. All you have to do is send detailed information about your band and a video to [email protected].
Sunday ticket holders can stick around on Saturdays for a free post-race concert. Warrant, Love and Theft and Loverboy will entertain the crowd after the NASCAR XFINITY Series LTi Printing 250 on June 8. After the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Corrigan Oil 200 on Aug. 11 it will be Sawyer Brown, Skid Row and Grand Funk Railroad performing in the post-race concert.
Tickets start at $39 for the FireKeepers Casino 400 on June 9 and the Consumers Energy 400 on Aug. 11. Fans can find the perfect campsite for their families and friends in any of the different campgrounds at the track starting at $160. Fans can purchase tickets and campsites at www.mispeedway.comor by calling 888-905-7223.
Children 12 and under are admitted free on Fridays and Saturdays. On Sundays, children 12 and under tickets start at $15. Children 12 and under can attend three days of NASCAR action for just $15, ensuring families a weekend of fun at affordable prices.