MIS Projects Taking ShapeShare
With less than two months to go before the start of the 40th season of racing at Michigan International Speedway, construction crews are hard at work with various capital improvements projects on the speedway’s 1,400-acre property.
Michigan International Speedway is spending approximately $10 million to continue enhancing the speedway based on feedback from the fans that will help position the speedway for its next 40 years of racing.
Here are updates on many projects currently under way at MIS:
• Many of the projects are beginning to take shape with the grandstand replacement project being the most noticeable. Old grandstands have been torn down in turn 1 and construction crews are currently replacing them with improved grandstand seating. The new grandstand has wider seats, seatbacks and more leg room. The project began last year and does not add seats, but merely replaces old ones.
• The new, state-of-the-art 110-foot, three-sided LED scoreboard is scheduled to be installed in the next few weeks. The concrete base for the scoreboard was poured in December.
• Slusarski Paving of Adrian, Mich., is in the finishing stages of grading land for the 300 new Graves Farm Campground sites. Cochran Electric Co. of Jackson, Mich., has already installed the electric hookups for those sites.
• The permanent shower/restroom facility in the Graves Farm Campground is currently under construction by O’Harrow Construction of Jackson, Mich.
• Installation of way-finding signage around the MIS property is also currently underway. Fritz Advertising of Spring Arbor, Mich. has already constructed many signs in the parking lots and campgrounds at MIS. The branded signage will help pedestrians, motorists and campers find their way in, out and around the 1,400-acre racetrack property.
“We are really moving along on many of these projects,” track President Roger Curtis said. “All of these ongoing projects to elevate and enhance the fan experience are a result of the Michigan International Speedway fans telling us what they want. Many local companies that are doing the work have really taken ownership in these projects and everything is scheduled to be finished by the June race weekend. It’s a very exciting time for MIS.”
Michigan International Speedway tickets can fit anyone’s budget. The speedway is hosting the ARCA RE/MAX Series on June 13, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Cool City Customs 200 on June 14, the NASCAR Nationwide Series CARFAX 250 on August 16 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series LifeLock 400 on June 15 and 3M Performance 400 on August 17. Tickets are available for all events, including qualifying days.
To order tickets, pit passes, camping or hospitality packages, call the MIS Ticket Hotline at 800-354-1010 or visit MISpeedway.com.
8.5.2020NATURE TRAIL IN GRAVES FAMILY CAMPGROUND AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY TO BE RENAMED IN HONOR OF 7-TIME CHAMPION JIMMIE JOHNSONJimmie Johnson will be remembered for many things following his final full-time season as a NASCAR Cup Series driver in 2020.
8.5.20202019 AMERICAN IDOL WINNER LAINE HARDY TO PERFORM VIRTUAL NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO CONSUMERS ENERGY 400 AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAYFrom growing up in the heart of Bayou Country to winning the 17th season of American Idol in 2019, Laine Hardy’s road to a career in music was always clear-cut.
8.4.2020HENRY FORD HEALTH SYSTEM TO SERVE AS ENTITLEMENT PARTNER FOR MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY TRUCK RACEThe upcoming NASCAR weekend at Michigan International Speedway – August 7-9 - will commence with a familiar name.
8.4.202012-TIME GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING GOSPEL ARTIST CECE WINANS TO SING VIRTUAL NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO FIREKEEPERS CASINO 400 AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAYWith one of the most notable events in the state set for Michigan International Speedway next weekend, it’s only appropriate that a Detroit native will play a key role to help get it underway.