MIS Fan Appreciation Program returns for CARFAX 400 race weekendShare
With fans waving the green flag for qualifying laps, participating in pre-race and Victory Lane celebrations and taking pace car rides around the track during June’s LifeLock 400 race weekend at Michigan International Speedway, it’s no wonder fans are enjoying MIS’ Fan Appreciation Program so much.
Many area fans were selected as winners including Karen DeLand of Marshall, Mich. (Saturday pace car ride) and Al Youse of Coldwater, Mich. (Sunday pre-race ceremonies). Ticket holder Aaron Ludwiczak of Tecumseh, Mich., was one of the fans recognized during the June event. He received the opportunity to wave the green flag during a Sprint Cup qualifying run and participated in an autograph session with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series drivers.
“The new fan appreciation program was great, traffic flowed smoothly all three days, and everyone was friendly and helpful,” he said after the race. “Great weekend! Keep up the fantastic job and I look forward to coming back in August.”
The program, which provided once-in-a-lifetime experiences for fans of MIS in June, will return for another round of great prizes and experiences for fans who attend the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series CARFAX 400 race weekend on August 14-16.
“We feel that it is extremely important for us to recognize why we are all here – the loyal fans, and to show them how much we sincerely appreciate them,” MIS President Roger Curtis said. “Though we logistically can’t do something special like this for 100,000, we are touching hundreds each weekend with very special experiences and we plan on continuing this program for years to come. Not only is this a way to say “thanks” to our fans, it is fun for both us and the fans.”
Under the speedway’s fan appreciation program, there will be two rounds of give-aways — Round 1 in advance of the race weekend on August 3; and Round 2 on race weekend, August 14-16.
Round 1 — August 3
In Round 1, all current registered account holders as of midnight August 2 will be entered into a series of drawings for several experiential prizes that range from waving the green flag during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying to attending the CARFAX 400 driver’s meeting on Sunday, August 16, before the race.
The first series of prizes will be awarded to fans prior to the August race weekend, with a drawing to be held on August 3. All ticket holders through August 2 are automatically entered to win.
Non-ticketholders may mail in a 3 x 5 card with their name, phone number, e-mail address and mailing address to be entered into the drawing. Cards may be sent to Michigan International Speedway, 12626 US 12, Brooklyn, MI 48230, Attn: Fan Appreciation Program.
Prizes during the first drawing on August 3 include:
• Three fans will have the opportunity to wave the green flag for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver qualifying lap on Friday, August 14, 2009;
• Three fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to take a pace car ride on Saturday, August 15, prior to the NASCAR Nationwide Series CARFAX 250 race;
• Two fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to take a morning pace car ride on Sunday, August 16, prior to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series CARFAX 400 race;
• Ten fans and one guest per fan have the opportunity to receive a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Cold Garage Pass, valid on race weekend, August 14-16, at times permitted by the sanctioning body;
• Ultimate Race Weekend Experience – One (1) Winner and one (1) Guest
• Winner and guest shall have the opportunity to attend the Sprint Cup Series Drivers’ meeting on Sunday, August 16, 2009.
• Winner and guest shall have the opportunity for a pace car ride at the Speedway on the morning of Sunday, August 16, 2009.
• Winner and guest will have the opportunity to receive a Sprint Cup Series Cold Garage Pass, valid August 14-16, 2009, at times when access is permitted by the sanctioning body
• Winner and guest will the opportunity to attend the Victory Lane celebration at the conclusion of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, August 16, 2009
• Winner and a guest will have their tickets upgraded to the Champions Club for Saturday, August 15, 2009 and Sunday, August 16, 2009
Round 2 — August 14-16
In Round 2, a second wave of prizes will be awarded during the August race weekend. MIS staff members will randomly choose race fans attending the event to win prizes including:
• Fifty fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to remain on the track for the Pre-Race driver introductions and pre-race ceremonies on Sunday, August 16;
• Ten fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to attend the CARFAX 400 Victory Lane celebrations on Sunday, August 16;
• Other prizes such as Richard Petty Driving Experience rides and merchandise will also be given away.
As an added bonus, fans can register at the speedway’s Mobile Display Trailer in the New Holland Fan Plaza for a chance to attend a special event with NASCAR driver Jeff Burton on Aug. 26. Fans must register at the speedway’s Mobile Display Trailer from August 14-16. Five fans and one guest per fan will be chosen to attend the event, where Burton will demolish the suite/media center in a CAT excavator. Details will follow. Non-ticketholders may mail in a 3 x 5 card with their name, phone number, e-mail address and mailing address to be entered into the drawing. Cards may be sent to Michigan International Speedway, 12626 US 12, Brooklyn, MI 48230, Attn: Fan Appreciation Program.
Nestled in the lush Irish Hills of Southeastern Michigan, Michigan International Speedway is the Great Escape, a venerable NASCAR national park where fans can get away and enjoy the very best in racing and camaraderie. It’s the love of racing and the thrill of a great time for race fans and drivers alike.
Tickets are on sale by calling 800-354-1010 or logging onto MISpeedway.com. Michigan International Speedway — It’s your speed!
8.9.2020With Harvick’s victories, Ford took home the Michigan Heritage Trophy for 2020, symbolic of the top OEM at Michigan International Speedway.
8.9.2020Despite the fact that Riley Herbst is a rookie in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, his win in Sunday’s ARCA Menards Series VizCom 200 at Michigan International Speedway was particularly gratifying since he hadn’t won a race in any series since 2017.
8.8.2020KEVIN HARVICK CONTINUES DOMINATION AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY, TAKES CHECKERED FLAG IN FIREKEEPERS CASINO 400For Kevin Harvick, winning at Michigan International Speedway is starting to become a habit.
8.7.2020Smith takes checkered flag in overtime finish in Henry Ford Health System 200.