Fans can learn about all forms of racing at MISShare
Michigan International Speedway and Berlin Raceway have partnered together to offers fans a unique experience at the track this weekend.
When fans come to NASCAR’s fastest track for the FireKeepers Casino 400 weekend they will see some of the cars and meet the drivers that compete at Berlin Raceway in addition to the great racing on the track. The unique relationship allows the two tracks to expand the racing fan base and it provides an opportunity for the two facilities to cross promote.
"Berlin is excited to partner with the local Michigan NASCAR track,” Berlin Raceway President Mike Bursley said. “It gives our drivers a great opportunity to be recognized on a higher level. We are happy to give the fans at MIS the chance to check out where their favorite NASCAR driver got their start on a local level. We hope to continue to grow this partnership with MIS for years to come!"
The state of Michigan features great racing all year long and not just two weekends at Michigan International Speedway. This is an opportunity for fans to learn what other racing is in the state and when they can watch the future starts of the sport.
Some of the cars and drivers Berlin Raceway expects to showcase at Michigan International Speedway include:
4-Cylinder with Berlin driver Ryan Holtzlander – The 2015 4-cyilnder division champion who currently is seventh in points in the Sportsman division.
- Sportsman with Berlin driver Tyler Nawrocki – He finished second in Sportsman in 2015. He is second in points in Sportsman division.
- Vintage Racing of America featuring driver Chuck Pierson – Pierson is a team owner of three VROA cars. He is a previous multi-championship winner as a team owner.
- Super Stock featuring Berlin driver Tony Davis – The 2015 Super Stock division champion is currently in fifth place in points in Super Stock.
- Outlaw Late Model featuring Berlin driver Mike Root – He has won Outlaw Late Model Gold Cup Championship, travels the Midwest driving his OLM and considers Berlin Raceway his home track.
- Super Late Model featuring Berlin driver Carson Hocevar – The 13-year old is driving an Outlaw Late Model and Super Late Model in 2016. He is currently in eighth place in points in OLM and fifth place in points in the SLM.
- Dirt Street Stock featuring driver Josh Frye – He travels all the Midwest racing his Dirt Street Stock. He has over 100 feature wins and won the 2014 Dirt Championship at Berlin Raceway.
Berlin Raceway features Outlaw Late Model, Super Late Model, Super Stock, Modified, Sportsman, Four-Cylinder and Vintage Modified Racing. Fans can watch racing every Saturday night on the 7/16 mile asphalt track.
In addition, MIS is offering all Berlin Raceway member an all-inclusive VIP experience to watch the great racing at NASCAR’s fastest track.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series roars into Michigan International Speedway twice in 2016. The first of the track’s two NASCAR weekends is June 10-12 with the Corrigan Oil 200 ARCA Racing Series on June 10; NASCAR XFINITY Series Menards 250 presented by Valvoline on June 11; and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series FireKeepers Casino 400 on June 12.
8.5.2020NATURE TRAIL IN GRAVES FAMILY CAMPGROUND AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY TO BE RENAMED IN HONOR OF 7-TIME CHAMPION JIMMIE JOHNSONJimmie Johnson will be remembered for many things following his final full-time season as a NASCAR Cup Series driver in 2020.
8.5.20202019 AMERICAN IDOL WINNER LAINE HARDY TO PERFORM VIRTUAL NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO CONSUMERS ENERGY 400 AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAYFrom growing up in the heart of Bayou Country to winning the 17th season of American Idol in 2019, Laine Hardy’s road to a career in music was always clear-cut.
8.4.2020HENRY FORD HEALTH SYSTEM TO SERVE AS ENTITLEMENT PARTNER FOR MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY TRUCK RACEThe upcoming NASCAR weekend at Michigan International Speedway – August 7-9 - will commence with a familiar name.
8.4.202012-TIME GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING GOSPEL ARTIST CECE WINANS TO SING VIRTUAL NATIONAL ANTHEM PRIOR TO FIREKEEPERS CASINO 400 AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAYWith one of the most notable events in the state set for Michigan International Speedway next weekend, it’s only appropriate that a Detroit native will play a key role to help get it underway.