OVERNIGHT PARKING, RV RENTALS, & MORE
CAMPING RULES & SERVICES
Please be prepared for enhanced vehicle and person searches which may include K-9 units.
If you are bringing a generator, please see our generator policy.
Please familiarize yourself with the following information prior to your arrival.
- All campsites are sold on a reserved basis
- Outpost camping: Each campsite is allowed one camping unit and one vehicle
- Infield camping: Please find Infield vehicle information here
- Please be sure campsite passes are displayed in your window upon arrival and remain visible throughout your stay
MIS politely asks that:
- Tent and awning stakes are marked
- Reflectors are on bicycles
- Fire lanes remain open
- Fires are a minimum of 10 feet from any vehicle or structure
- Parking is a minimum of 50 feet away from water stations
- Speed limit is 10 mph
MIS politely asks all guests to refrain from:
- Excessive noise
- Offensive signs, drunkenness and profanity
- Activities that disturb the rights of other campers
- Interfering with and/or obstructing track officials or security
- Vending without an MIS vendor permit
Displays of the confederate flag will not be allowed.
Infield: Sections 1-2: 12 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. | Section 5: 12:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. | Sections 3, 4 & 6: 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
APEX: 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
All other campgrounds: 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
If you or members of your group are removed from the camping facilities by track security for violation of any speedway rule, vehicles may be removed at owner's expense and forfeiture of future camping at MIS.
Alcohol Purchases at MIS: All guests will be required to present a valid, U.S. or Canadian government issued ID along with a 21 and over wristband for all alcohol purchases. Wristbands will be issued free of charge, with presentation of a valid ID at all concession and club locations.
Campground in/out vehicle passes will be required for all campgrounds. Passes will be available at the designated exit in your campground. Passes will need to be surrendered upon returning to your campground.
- All cooking supplies including pots, pans, utensils, grill, plates, bowls, silverwear, cups.
- Cleaning supplies dish soap, hand towels, paper towels, broom, garbage bags.
- Bath towels, wash clothes, shampoo, bar soap, toiletries, all purpose cleaner.
- Food, water, drinks, & snacks.
- Various size coolers. Big one for camp and small soft side one for a the racetrack.
- Sheets & pillows.
- Bring your TV, laptop, radio, ipod, dvd player, Xbox whatever you want for fun.
- Pedal bikes are great way to get around, but remember to bring a lock.
- Lawn chairs, portable tables, extension cord. Bikes are fun, bring a lock for bike.
- All weather gear such as umbrella, rain gear, sunglasses, hats, sunscreen etc.
- Walkie talkies are good to bring if you have a large group.
- We supply firewood and fire rings for all customers who rent RVs.
- Bring plenty of clothes & shoes, especially comfortable walking shoes. Jacket & sweaters too.
- Bring camera, video recorder, video player, dvds, books, journal
- Don’t forget medicine such as asprin, advil, personal needs, hangover supplies ect.
- • Maps, Race Tickets, lanyards, Binoculars, seat cushion, race head set, ear plugs,
- • Bring gas can incase you’re using a generator.
- • Bring basic tools. Hammer, screwdriver, pliers, knife, scissors, can opener.
***In case you forget anything, Downtown Brooklyn has everything and it is just 2 miles away.
- Hover boards
- Animals (dogs permitted in select campgrounds)
- Sky lanterns
- Laster pointers
- Michigan International Speedway (“Track”) strictly prohibits the use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAV”), also known as a drone, for any purpose whatsoever on Track Property. A UAV for purposes of this policy is any aircraft without a human pilot aboard. Track personnel may remove anyone using a UAV on Track Property and/or confiscate the UAV until the event is over.
- Rental trucks
- Illegal substances
- Large bonfires
- ATV/off road vehicles
- Private golf carts
- Squirt gun/super soaker
- For your safety and those around you, MIS is asking all camping guests with generators to properly ventilate their generator with an exhaust system that points up and away from other vehicles. Onboard Generators: link here.
- The track requests that you utilize an exhaust muffler on your generator to limit the sound (Portable Generators https://gensilencer.com/) and provide a positive experience for your camping neighbors.
- For those guests with generators that do not have an exhaust system venting up or an exhaust muffler we ask that you adhere to generator quiet hours from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. During quiet hours we politely ask that you do not run your generator. Failure to adhere to quiet hours may result in a request to leave property.
- If you need your generator for medical reasons and are unable to properly exhaust your generator please be sure to notify security and provide written documentation in the form of a Doctor’s note when you check in to your campground. You will then be provided with a generator exempt sticker.
- For Infield guests: we ask that generators be placed roadside so they are easily visible by track personal.
Motorcycles are welcome in most of the MIS campgrounds (excluding the MISCamping.com Infield, APEX, and Turn 1 Resort, however, security personnel can direct you to a parking location for your motorcycle.)
MIS asks you please refrain from:
- Cruising around the campgrounds
- Revving of engines
- Operating motorcycles before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Motorcycles with trailers should fit on your campsite, if you require additional space please see security personnel to be directed to an overnight parking location
Bring FIDO! Dogs are permitted in the MISCamping.com APEX, Graves Family, Tree Farm, Turn 1 Resort, High Banks, Turn 2 Retreat, and Turn 4 campgrounds.
MIS politely asks that:
- DOG(s) are limited to two (2) per site
- DOG(s) are not left unattended outside at any time
- DOG(s) are kept on a leash at all times
- DOG(s) are welcome to take walks around your campground on a leash 6ft’ or shorter
- DOG(s) do not infringe on other sites occupied or vacant
- DOG(s) refrains from excessive barking
- DOG(s) owners are courteous and clean up after dog(s) in all areas of the campground
- DOG(s) enjoy some R&R in the camper while you are attending event(s) as they are not able to enter any admission gate or stroll in the fan plaza
- DOG(s) shot record papers are available should track personnel need to review them
Michigan International Speedway is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and memorable experience for all guests. We want all guests to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion.
While at MIS please refrain from the following behaviors:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal
- Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Foul, abusive or obscene language, gestures, acts, signs, music or clothing
- Verbal or physical harassment of other guests
- Throwing of any objects onto the racing surface
- Fighting, taunting or threatening remarks or gestures
- Failing to follow the instructions of MIS personnel
Guests are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests while at MIS. MIS staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where guests and others can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Guests who violate these provisions may be subject to ejection without refund, possible loss of ticket/camping privileges for future events and/or arrest.
All camping, Infield wristbands, and overnight parking services will need to be completed at the box office prior to entering your campground. Campground box office locations and times below.
- M-50 Highway entrance
- Services Infield, M-50 Creekside, High Banks, Tree Farm, Brookfest Acres, Turn 4 and APEX
- US Highway 12 Admin Building
- Services Turn 2 Retreat, Turn 1 Resort, Graves Family Campground and Brooklyn Trail
For your convenience, the following campsite services are provided to make your visit a more comfortable and enjoyable one.
RV Rentals - RV rentals in the Turn 2 Retreat and Graves Family campgrounds are available. MISCamping.com will deliver and set up an RV for you in any MIS campground on race weekends. For more information on RV rentals at MIS, call 734-740-4444. MISCamping.com is the official RV rental and campground sponsor of MIS.
Ice Service – Bagged Ice will be sold at all Corrigan Oil Convenience Stores: M-50 Creekside, Infield, and Brooklyn Trails. There will also be roaming ice carts selling bagged ice throughout the event weekend.
Refuse Pick-up – Please neatly bag your garbage and place at the roadside each morning for pick-up.
Recycling Efforts Continue - Race fans have helped recycle more than 100 tons bottles and cans to date making MIS the greenest track. Please fill your blue plastic bags received at check-in with aluminum beverage cans and plastic PET beverage bottles (soft drinks, water, sports drinks and beer), and leave them outside your campsite. No glass bottles, please. Additional plastic bags for recycling or trash can be found through security or the service group collecting your recycling.
Firewood – Firewood is sold at M-50 Creekside, Infield and Brooklyn Trails store locations. There are also roaming firewood service trucks during event weekends.
RV Pumping Service, Fresh Water Delivery & Portable Restroom Rental -Please call 330-733-9000 to reserve.
Water and pump trucks will be roaming the campgrounds. Wave down a roaming truck for service during the event week. Cash or credit accepted. Water delivery is $40. Camper pump out service is $40. Private restroom rental is $110. Private restroom cleaning is $40 per service.
Your safety is our priority. Should you encounter an issue while on the property that needs immediate attention please call or text us.
You can call 517-592-1104 or text "MISFAN" followed by a space along with your issue and location to 69050. Standard SMS rates apply.
Joyride drivers can be accessed by calling 833-654-RIDE or by flagging down a driver. Cost is $5 per person. Drivers are available to take you wherever you need to go on MIS property (excluding restricted areas), 24 hours a day. Cash or Credit Card accepted (Credit Card processing ability is based on wireless signal capabilities and may vary; cash is recommended).
CAMPING INTEREST FORM
Interested in learning more about camping and how to make the most of your weekend experience? Please provide your contact information below, and we’ll be in touch!